CARBON NEUTRALITY POLICY
Termoencogibles is committed to climate action; for this reason, we are taking measures of mitigation and adaptation to climate change through the management of its GHG emissions by means of the following actions:
Maintain the Carbon Neutrality Certification of operations based in El Salvador:
- Every year prepare and submit to an independent third-party for verification, the inventory of the company’s GHG emissions, covering scopes 1 and 2 of operations based in El Salvador.
Walk towards the Decarbonization of productive operations in El Salvador:
- Evaluate and implement measures that help reduce emissions from processes, working on the emission sources identified year by year by each of its operating plants and warehouses.
- Establishment and revision of goals for the reduction of GHG emissions for each source of emissions.
- Develop mechanisms that allow the incorporation of evaluation criteria related to emission management, energy efficiency and climate change mitigation in the conception of new projects, investments and purchases.
- Compensating residual emissions from the purchase of carbon bonds that come from projects certified through recognized and traceable standards, which allows avoiding double accounting in offsetting emissions.
- To acquire bonds that are developed in:
o Reduction of emissions by generation of renewable energy.
o By carbon abduction from reforestation and restoration of natural ecosystems.
- To prioritize the purchase of carbon bonds from projects located in:
o Latin America, emphasizing projects located in El Salvador or in Central America.
o Southeast Asia.
o The rest of the world.
- If Possible, to acquire project bonds that reflect an impact on the following SDGs:
o SDG 13: Climate action.
o SDG 11: Sustainable cities and communities.
o SDG 9: Industry, innovation and infrastructure.
o SDG 14: Life below water.
o SDG 12: Responsible consumption and production.
o SDG 17: Partnerships fort the goals.
DATE: NOV 21, 2019